Did you know that almost half of all internet users will search for information or look for answers on social media before they make a buying decision?
That’s why it’s so important to have a strong digital marketing strategy. If you want to grow your business and target the right audiences, you need to learn more about digital marketing. These courses can help you do just that.
Here are some of the best online courses on how to market your business using digital methods such as search engine optimization (SEO), video marketing, social media marketing, and so much more.
So let’s explore the best digital marketing courses today.
Table of Contents:
- Our Top Picks of Best Digital Marketing Courses
- 1. 📱 The Complete Digital Marketing Course by Udemy
- 2. ⚙️ Digital Marketing Specialist Course by Simplilearn
- 3. ⚙️ Social Media Marketing Certification by Oracle University
- 4. ⚙️ SEO Essentials Certification by Moz Academy
- 5. ⚙️ Email Marketing Course by ClickMinded
- Develop a Strong Digital Marketing Strategy
- SEO: How to Create an Effective SEO Strategy for Your Business
- Learn the Basics of Video Marketing
Our Top Picks of Best Digital Marketing Courses (UK) 🇬🇧
Considering a career in graphic design? Let’s go over a few things that our favourite digital marketing courses should be designed to cover.
A lot of brands and marketers focus on one type of digital marketing while neglecting other options. In order to succeed, you have to use the most potent marketing methods available to you. If you’re new to the digital marketing game, you’ll want to make sure you have a strong foundation to build upon.
That’s why your chosen digital marketing course should address the following:
- Search Engine Marketing: With SEM, you’re getting as much traffic as possible to your website using SEO techniques - by optimising for various search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo, and others. These are where your customers are likely to be searching for your products or services.
- 📧 Email Marketing: Email marketing is a great way to build a relationship with your customers. You can use email as a tool to create a more personal brand for your business or as a lead generation channel.
- Social Media Marketing: Businesses often forget about the power of social media. You can use these platforms to build a community around your brand and increase brand recognition.
Top Digital Marketing Courses 2023 – Reviews 📘
1. The Complete Digital Marketing Course by Udemy – Best Overall
After Netflix plunged 25% in value, its team of digital marketers would have been put to work with a docs on reminding Netflix users why the streaming service is valuable.
While this process seems like magic, there are sound psychological, symbolic, and other sensory and linguistic realities behind why digital marketing works.
Udemy (review) aims to give you a foundation in this - starting from scratch - including an interactive and comprehensive digital marketing course. It has over 20 hours of training, quizzes, and practical steps that can be followed to succeed.
You'll initially be taught how to use SEO, YouTube Marketing, Facebook Advertising, Google AdWords, Google Analytics, and other marketing techniques. You can follow the steps on the screen to get results at the office, for your own company, or for your digital marketing clients.
This offering includes 12 courses in one with 20+ hours of clear-cut lectures and practice activities. Follow the steps on the screen to obtain results at the office, for your own firm, or for your digital marketing clients.
Why Take This Course?
Digital marketing is a booming industry that can make or break a business. Unfortunately, most businesses don’t have the in-depth knowledge to succeed in this field. Fortunately, Udemy has compiled a comprehensive course to help you get started in digital marketing, prepared by Rob Percival.
No prerequisite experience is required for classes. It’s open to all types of companies, including digital, physical, service-based, B2B, B2C, and non-profit. The curriculum included:
- SEO Fundamentals: This course will help you get a solid foundation in SEO. You’ll learn how to optimise your website for SEO, how to choose the right SEO plugin for your website, and how to create an SEO strategy for your website.
- Digital Photography:You’ll learn how to take high-quality photos that will rank well in Google. You’ll also learn how to make your photos more appealing to search engines with filters.
- Email Marketing: Email marketing is one of the most effective marketing channels available to businesses. This course will help you learn how to get the most out of your email marketing strategy.
- Social Media Marketing: This course will teach you how to start a social media strategy for your business. You’ll learn the most effective techniques for posting on social media sites, how to set up social media campaigns, and how to measure the success of your campaigns.
- Blogging for Business: This course will teach you how to create a quality blog for your business. You’ll learn how to choose a blogging platform, how to create an enticing blog, and how to attract an audience to your blog.
- Influencer Marketing: This course will teach you all about influencer marketing. You’ll learn how to find influencers for your products and how to work with influencers to promote your products.
- Online Courses: In this course, you’ll learn how to create a high-quality online course that can help guide people through your product.
- eCommerce: This course will teach you how to create an online store that boosts your product sales. You’ll learn how to choose a platform for your store and how to design a compelling storefront.
- Business Growth: This course will teach you how to build a business that grows and scales with you. You’ll learn how to create an operating plan, identify growth opportunities, and build a scalable business model.
Overall, this popular digital marketing course gives you a rundown of what the latest is today in the sector and then wraps up the entire series with a look at the future of digital marketing.
2. Digital Marketing Specialist Course by Simplilearn
Simplilearn’s Digital Marketing Specialist course is a comprehensive digital marketing course for professionals.
Course materials are well-organised and the course is easy to follow. The instructor is knowledgeable about digital marketing and presents the material in a way that’s easy to understand.
The course has been created with both beginners and big ecommerce digital marketers in mind, so it can be adapted to suit your needs. The training is suitable for those who want to enter the digital marketing field as well as those who already work in the industry but want to advance their careers by learning new skills.
The Digital Marketing Specialist course consists of five modules: Video Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing, and Influencer Marketing. Each module consists of 30 lessons containing video lectures as well as interactive quizzes that help you retain information about what you’ve learned throughout the module.
Each module ends with a certification exam that covers material from all previous lessons in that module. These exams are available only through an online proctoring service called ProctorU, which charges around £15 per exam session (which includes unlimited retakes).
There are also two final certification exams at the end of Module 5, which cost roughly £35 each (with unlimited retakes). If you pass both final certification exams then you will be eligible for an official certificate from Simplilearn awarding you with a Digital Marketing Specialist certificate. This certificate will be added to your LinkedIn profile if you enable it.
3. Social Media Marketing Certification – Top Digital Marketing Course by Oracle University
The main purpose of this course is to teach you the fundamentals of graphic design. You’ll learn the basics of designing a logo, creating a brochure, and how to design landing pages.
Oracle University offers a Social Media Marketing Certification that will help you learn how to use social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to market your business.
The program is designed for people who are already working in marketing and want to add social media skills into their existing job roles. It is also suitable for entrepreneurs who want to start a new business and need to learn how to effectively use social media platforms from the beginning.
Oracle’s curriculum covers topics such as creating a content strategy, creating an effective social media plan, measuring the success of your campaign, and using analytics tools to analyse data from your campaigns. The Social Media Marketing certification exam costs around £200 but it does come with a 90-day guarantee which means you can retake the exam if you fail it on your first attempt.
Some sources give this course a 4-star rating from students who have taken it, indicating that it is a decent way for marketers to learn about social media marketing strategy.
4. SEO Essentials Certification – Top Digital Marketing Course by Moz Academy
Although SEO is a rather complex topic, this course from Moz aims to simplify it by teaching you the basics of optimization and helping you become more familiar with Google’s official guidelines.
SEO Essentials Certification has a 4.5-star rating and over 600 reviews indicating that it is a worthwhile SEO course for those who want to boost their Google rankings.
Search engine optimization is the process of increasing your website’s page rank on Google so that it appears in the search engine results page (SERP) for relevant keywords. You will learn the fundamental concepts of search engine optimisation, such as what keywords you should be targeting, how to improve the readability of your website, and how to create content that will rank high in Google.
This certification course covers some of the most common mistakes that beginner SEOs make, giving you the knowledge and tools you need to avoid them. The course also covers how Google updates its algorithms regularly, which can have a major impact on how well your website ranks in Google.
5. Email Marketing Course – Top Digital Marketing Course by ClickMinded
Email marketing is one of the most effective marketing strategies that businesses can take advantage of.
However, it can be difficult for businesses to create effective emails and get them sent to the inbox of their intended recipients.
ClickMinded aims to make email marketing as easy as possible by creating a course that walks you through the process of creating and sending email campaigns.
You’ll learn how to write effective emails, how to get your emails opened, and how to track the success of your emails. This course has a 4.5-star rating and over 500 reviews indicating that it is a worthwhile email marketing course for those who want to boost their email opens and clicks.
The course is divided into three modules:
- Email Marketing Fundamentals,
- Email Deliverability
- Advanced Email Marketing.
The fundamentals module covers the basics of email marketing and includes the following lessons: Welcome to Email Marketing, How to Write Emails That Get Opened and Clicks, How to Get Your Emails Delivered to the Inbox, How to Track and Analyse Your Emails.
The second module focuses on deliverability and includes the following lessons: How to Make Sure Your Emails Reach Your Subscribers’ Inboxes, What Constitutes a Good or Bad Domain Authority?, Using a Service Provider for Increased Deliverability.
The third module contains advanced lessons on email marketing including: Tracking Opens vs. Clicks vs. Bounces, Advanced Tracking Techniques (Advanced Filters), How to Use Custom Audiences in Facebook Ads (Targeting).
Let’s have a look at some aspects of understanding how to choose the best digital marketing courses. This will cover some of the basic surrounding aspects to this topic.
Develop a Strong Digital Marketing Strategy
Before you can begin designing and implementing a digital marketing strategy for your business, you need to develop a strong marketing strategy. This will help you to identify what problems you’re trying to solve.
Who are your target customers and what do they need?
Once you have this information, you can start designing a digital marketing strategy around your specific problems and needs. This will help you decide which channels you want to use and develop a strategy around how to do so. When developing this, you should take into account the different types of digital marketing.
There are many different types of digital marketing strategies, and each one has advantages and disadvantages, so you need to choose which one is right for your business, ie. that fits your business and target audience best. Here are the most common strategies.
- ☑️ Email Marketing - Email marketing is a useful way to build relationships with your customers. Email marketing is usually done through a newsletter or marketing automation software using an email host. The best email marketing strategies send info that people want to get, by offering relevant content.
- ☑️ Facebook Ads - Over the last few years, Facebook Ads have quickly become one of the most popular and effective digital marketing strategies. Facebook Ads allow you to target specific audiences based on their interests and demographics. This is made possible through their extensive database of user information.
- ☑️ SEO - If you’re trying to rank on a search engine, SEO is the most important digital marketing strategy you have. SEO is when you and your website are optimised to get as many “Looks” as possible. This is done by using keywords, meta tags, and adding in information about your website, banner and text ads.
Let’s explore the final component further.
SEO: How to Create an Effective SEO Strategy for Your Business
One of the most important aspects of digital marketing is your SEO strategy. You need to make sure that you’re optimising your website for easy search engine optimization. There are several factors you should keep in mind when creating an effective SEO strategy.
- ⚙️ Keywords: Google and other search engines use phrases and keywords to direct your website to the top of the list when someone types in a word or phrase they’re interested in. When you’re creating an SEO strategy, you need to make sure that you have the right keywords in your articles, titles, and meta tags to rank for these popular search terms.
- ⚙️ URL Structure: You also need to think about the structure of your URL when creating an SEO strategy. People usually click on the first few letters of the URL when they search for something, so you need to make sure they land on your website.
- ⚙️ On-page Analysis: Another important aspect of SEO is what you do on the website. We recommend that you have someone go through your site and make sure that there are no technical errors or issues with your website. They should analyse the on-page factors like your URL, keywords, and titles, and make adjustments as needed.
Learn the Basics of Video Marketing
Video marketing is one of the most effective digital marketing strategies available. With this strategy, you create engaging, high-quality videos and upload them to platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
It’s important to upload your video where your target audience is most likely to see it. There are a few things to keep in mind when creating a video marketing strategy.
You need to choose a topic that your target audience cares about, be it a topic related to their work or their interests. You can also use visuals to enhance your stories and create better videos.
Visual content is becoming more important than it already is - people are able to process information much more quickly and easily with visuals. Keep this in mind when creating your video marketing strategy.
Learn how to Use Social Media to Grow your Business
Social media is one of the most important aspects of digital marketing, and it’s a great way to grow your business. One of the best ways to do this is to use social media as a tool to build relationships with your potential customers.
There are many ways to use social media to build relationships with your potential customers. You can create a community around your brand and encourage engagement through social media. You can also use social media as a tool to connect with your current and past customers.
Each social media platform is different, so you need to decide which ones you want to use. Some of the most popular social media platforms today still include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
What’s the Difference Between Paid and Non-Paid Digital Marketing?
Even though digital marketing strategies can be very effective, it’s important to know the difference between paid and non-paid marketing, as some of the best strategies are non-paid ones like content sharing, social media, and blogging. This will help you to decide which is best for your situation:
- Paid digital marketing is when you charge businesses or individuals to advertise their products or services on your platform, like Facebook or Google.
- Non-paid digital marketing, on the other hand, is when you don’t charge for your platform or advertisements, like when you share content or create videos on platforms like Twitter and Facebook
Top Digital Marketing Courses 📒 – FAQs
What is the best digital marketing strategy?
Earning backlinks is the most effective strategy, followed by content marketing, and paid advertising.
How do I choose the right digital marketing course?
There are many online courses available that can help you learn about digital marketing. While most of them are for beginners, many of them are also for experts who want to brush up on their skills.
When choosing an online course, you need to think about what you want to learn, who your audience is, and what your goals are. Digital marketers generally have a wide understanding of different fields, for instance understanding how the human brain works to respond to visuals because visuals are how we communicate. Or how music can be used to change a person’s mood.
What are the best SEO courses to take?
SEO (search engine optimization) is one of the most important aspects of digital marketing. It plays a key role in how your website is ranked on Google, which means it can greatly impact your website or social media traffic. So this is a strong starting point.