E-commerce web designing is as sounds; the process of creating sites with online selling abilities… Designers work with a number of different programming mediums like product pages, user interfaces, shopping carts and checkout features.
The end result is a user-ready experience allowing users to navigate through your site easily and buy your items. In this guide, we’ll cover leading e-commerce companies in the UK for that.
Our Top Pick of eCom Web Design Firms (UK) 🇬🇧
So you’re considering a web design platform for your eCommerce business? The internet has opened up the world of business to the everyday student, parent, and worker. It’s our Mission to help you get some of this useful information quickly and simply.
But a few key steps to take when going about learning web design:
- Have a goal or principle to work from
- Select a domain
- Choose a web host
- Ensure mobile-responsiveness
- Publish great content
- Have an appealing layout
- Know your crucial features and capabilities
- Don’t forget SEO!
- Keep your site and content up-to-date and healthy
- Track your performance using Google analytics and more
1. Wix – Overall Easiest Best eCom Web Design Firm
Wix was founded in 2010 by a team of developers and designers. The founders wanted to create an easy-to-use builder affordable for small businesses, freelancers, and startups.
The goal was to make the process of creating a website as intuitive as possible. They have made it really simple to use Wix because everything you need is included with the free service.
You don’t need any programming knowledge or experience to get started with Wix because they have made it really simple to use.
Wix is a free website builder that will help you design a beautiful, professional site for your business, personal blog, portfolio or anything else… We’ve propped this up into first place because it’s one of the 1) fastest 2) simplest 3) cost-effective ways to create your own professional websites.
People grossly underestimate the time and skills required to make a competent e-commerce site, particularly if you do not have special technical skills. See our Wix review for a comprehensive breakdown of your savings…
For e-commerce businesses that are generating little to no revenue, it’s arguably the best website builder around with a web hosting service that offers roughly everything you need at an affordable price. You don’t need any programming knowledge to get started using Wix because they have made it really simple to use (“drag and drop”).
Features of the Wix Website Builder
It won't cost you a penny to start your site. You can make your website mobile-friendly and create a beautiful website for any purpose. Wix is a drag-and-drop website builder that makes creating a website really easy.
- You can use templates or create your own unique site layout.
- You can add images, videos and other content to your website, create a search engine friendly site, or even create an app. Wix has a large library of templates that you can use to create your website.
- Choose a theme that fits your site’s purpose and then customize it to fit your brand. You can add a header, footer, background image and more to create a professional look for your website.
- You can add text that you can use for your site’s content or you can include images, videos, diagrams, and other elements.
- Wix also offers free website hosting services on its own servers, although, for businesses that are receiving a decent amount of traffic, you might want to upgrade to something like VPS or dedicated hosting.
Simple is as simple does.
Migrating to Wix
Because it’s one of the most well-known builders on the planet, it’s highly integrated. You can use WordPress, Joomla, or other popular blogging or website hosting services with Wix; migrating across. It even provides a WordPress plugin to simplify bringing WP content to your Wix site.
Overall, Wix has all the tools you need to create a professional-looking site with minimal resources, and you don’t have to be an expert to use it. We like it, particularly as an entry-level e-commerce website designing company.
2. Shopify – Top eCom Web Design Firm
Shopify (review) is an eCommerce platform that caters to online stores. It offers everything a retailer needs to build a successful online business.
From design and marketing tools to payment gateways, shipping services, and even inventory management software… all in all, it’s an industry-leading e-commerce website designer.
About Shopify for Retail eCommerce
This cloud-based eCommerce platform allows you to start an online store relatively quickly and very competitively. It is an all-in-one solution that allows you to build your own eCommerce store.
Shopify has the right combination of features, flexibility, and scalability to match the needs of any online business. It allows Shopify e-commerce experts to customize the solution to suit their own business. Its analytics are tailored to help you reach your sales and revenue targets. It acts as an online sales channel for your products/services and lets you manage inventory, orders and sales.
This eCommerce platform caters to online stores. It offers everything a retailer needs to build a successful online business. From design and marketing tools to payment gateways, shipping services, and even inventory management software.
- ☑️ - Easy-to-use dashboard - The dashboard is the nerve centre of your online store. It's the place where you place all the products you sell and create the content that drives sales. The intuitive dashboard makes it easy to place products, create content, manage inventory, and ship orders.
- ☑️ - Powerful themes - Shopify themes are used to design your online store. You can choose from a huge collection of beautiful and modern themes. These themes let you create a professional-looking storefront that matches the look and feel of your brand.
- ☑️ - Integrated marketing tools - Marketing is key to driving sales. With Shopify, you get a suite of powerful marketing tools to help you reach new customers and drive sales. You can use the drag-and-drop marketing tools to create engaging content and drive more clicks from search engines.
- ☑️ - Inventory management - Managing inventory is a crucial part of running an eCommerce store. Shopify makes it easy to track inventory levels and manage orders. You can set limits on items in your inventory and track each item's location.
- ☑️ - Easy-to-implement payment gateways - The channel between your online store and customers is called the "pipe." That pipe is where the majority of issues arise. You can't ensure smooth communication if the channel is clogged. Shopify has partnered with payment processors to offer merchants an easy way to accept payments in the most popular payment methods.
- ☑️ - Ship products through a variety of carriers - Shipping products through the channel between your online store and customers is crucial to running a successful business. Shopify partners with a variety of carriers to offer you a variety of options for shipping.
- ☑️ - Store products and inventory - Shopify also integrates with inventory management software, letting you manage your product inventory in one place. With the power of Shopify and an inventory management solution, you can track and update inventory levels on your site with ease.
Final Words: Should You Use Shopify?
With Shopify, there is something for just about every type of business perhaps with the exception of the newly started business still attempting to generate substantial revenue.
If you're looking for an eCommerce platform that is easy to use, fast, and affordable as well as highly competitive, Shopify is a great choice for your online store. It has powerful marketing tools, integrated inventory management, and a wide range of payment options.
Shopify is an interesting choice for beginners and very useful for experts. It's relatively easy to set up and get started. After you have your store running, you can use the platform to create engaging content and drive more clicks from search engines.
3. Outerbox – Popular eCom Web Design Firm
You’ll find this agency recommended a fair amount online; a premium service for those with a big budget and bigger traffic revenue opportunities.
OuterBox has more than 18 years of experience and employs over 90 people… We recommend you give them a peruse online, checking out the different reviews to make up your own mind.
⭐ This is an actual web design company, rather than a design platform. This means they’ll actually handle the creation and customisation of your site according to your branding and business.
According to their site, they offer a variety of digital marketing services, including SEO, paid search advertising, Google Adwords management, eCommerce website creation, and e-mail marketing. And can provide a comprehensive digital marketing approach, aiming to satisfy your objectives.
Results Focus on SEO ✔️
OuterBox is dedicated to developing, marketing, and developing websites that generate results. They’ve been working with a variety of clients across a variety of industries to increase leads, online sales, and profits since 2004.
Their in-house team, including talented individuals, brings new ideas to the table as well as proven marketing techniques and tactics. The goal? To help you bring the best out of your brand and online business. We are here to help you achieve success. By working with a team that is on your side and completely focused on your success, you can expect to enjoy working with Outerbox.
They have worked with a range of great clients over the past 17 years, and we have received a number of awards. Why? For helping their clients build award-winning websites, achieving more than 2 million page 1 Google rankings, and handling more than $45 million in paid search spend. OuterBox apparently now has over 85 marketing experts.
Want a quality website? They’re the firm for you; that’s their motto.. Is there anything you need to do to make sure you are the largest search result for key terms? They’ll assist you. Is shopping cart customisation a difficulty your company has yet to solve? Their specialists are available. This is a design agency for people who need expertise in their e-commerce design: problem-solving on wheels.
Plaudits: Digital Marketing Agency With 90+ Workers. Over 500 Clients. World’s No. 1 SEO Provider.
The agency boasts that they’ve been dominating online marketing opponents since 2004. Their clients have been dominating digital marketing ever since. There are now more than 4.66 billion internet users, and their face, reputation, and marketing strategies are all more important than ever. The list of names they’ve worked with includes Fortune 500 companies.
Overall, OuterBox is a digital marketing firm that provides a wide range of website design, SEO, pay-per-click marketing, and other services. Our teams work together to produce marketing campaigns that are efficient and flexible. Through visual appeal, best-practice user experience design, and SEO know-how, they help to bring traffic to your website and marketing tool, which can then be converted into customers.
4. Big Drop Inc – Top eCom Web Design Firm
In an ever-competitive and demanding eCommerce sector, keep an eye out for strong call-to-actions and powerful messaging.
Mobile-friendly web design, lightning-fast page loading, and intuitive checkout are just a few of the other factors to keep an eye on. These elements can help you stand out in the competitive market.
🖱️ We recommend you give them a peruse online, checking out the different reviews to make up your own mind.
Recognize the significance of a competent website for an eCommerce enterprise. Businesses and sectors now comprehend the significance of eCommerce in current times. However, simply creating a strong website is not the only method to increase traffic and sales.
To succeed, paying attention to the choice of words and the focus on the page is critical. In addition, lightning-fast page loading, mobile responsive design, and an easy checkout are important. Many eCommerce companies also monitor conversion and UI or UX development. We can provide all of these advantages for you to stand out in today's difficult market.
That’s where Big Drop Inc comes in… Note, once again, this is an actual web design company, rather than a platform. This means they’ll actually handle the creation and customisation of your site according to your branding and business.
According to their site, their team assists you in web commerce development and design. They begin by doing a lot of research and evaluation. They consider performance data, funnels, UX research, and personas as well as many other factors.
They derive critical insights to make the correct choices to establish the correct processes next. Next, Big Drop Inc’s team begins working on every web page from the moment the customer encounters it until the shipping confirmation is generated.
Their company also helps sync your website to popular eCommerce platforms such as WooCommerce, Magento, and Shopify. In addition, they use all available resources to determine the best platform for your eCommerce business.
Besides helping you set up an eCommerce platform that matches your company's aesthetic goals and technical demands, Big Drop Inc also works with WooCommerce, Magento, and Shopify to sync your website with them. They also use all of their industry knowledge and equipment to determine which platform is best for your eCommerce brand.
☑️ Site Speed: It's extremely difficult to create an eCommerce website, and the e-com web design company says they ensure that nothing is neglected during the process. With just one click, you can get a streamlined and efficient experience with our work. We guarantee lightning-fast page loading times so you don't have to wait long while pages are loaded.
☑️ Customer Retention: In addition to providing an integrated shopping experience for customers, Big Drop Inc says its team focuses on keeping customers engaged through email campaigns after the shopping process is complete. Because the shopping experience does not end when the shopping is confirmed, they assist you in expanding and growing your eCommerce business.
Finally, no matter if you're a software company or an online shoe store, Big Drop Inc says they are a committed group of designers who will bring your eCommerce identity to life.
Their team members work with you to understand everything there is to know about your company.
5. Ruckus Marketing – Well-Known eCom Web Design Firm
The core motto behind Ruckus Marketing? They believe the successful adaption to a set of values, purchase patterns, and human behaviour is at the core of disruption. Therefore, when successful, disruption alters values, purchase patterns, and human behaviour.
🖱️ With Ruckus Marketing, you’ll have a design team on deck to handle the creation and customisation of your site according to your branding and business. We recommend you check them out online, checking out the different reviews to make up your own mind.
What to Expect From Ruckus Marketing
You must have the right breadth of experience to be a disruptive innovator. In that spirit, Ruckus is driven by people who have as much varied expertise and skills as they want to promote active, positive change. We are gratified by our diversity in background, expertise, and industry.
Their roster of previous clients demonstrates this malleability. The company believes success is determined by creative collaboration. Ruckus therefore says:
- It designs and implements well-planned and well-executed engineering through open and effective communication to develop successful strategies.
- Has a clear strategy, as aligning all your organisation's teams and individuals behind it is crucial for business success. Ruckus uses a variety of tools to achieve goals and boost performance. Good organisation is critical to running a deadline and result-oriented operation.
- Understands that finance is crucial for success. Every aspect of what they touch has financial consequences—whether it be increased savings, profit, or new revenue streams. Ruckus says they are not only aware of these problems, but also bound by them.
6. WordPress – Top E-com Web Designer Platform
WP is the perfect choice for start-up businesses as well as established companies that want to grow their e-commerce sales and market their products online in an efficient way.
What Is WordPress?
WP is a content management system (CMS) that allows you to create, manage as well as to customize and design a website. While it can be used as a blogging platform, it has evolved into much more than just a system for websites: It can be used for organizations of all kinds, from small-business owners to large-scale eCom stores.
WordPress is one of the most popular and reliable website platforms. It’s the dominant player As of 2017, it hosts over 30% of the internet’s websites. What’s more, it offers a wide range of features to help you create and manage a highly functional website.
The WordPress platform is available in many different languages, and it offers both free and paid versions. According to WPBeginner, the world’s largest WordPress resource, there are currently over 10,000 plugins for WordPress; indeed, a new plugin is created virtually every few minutes.
Why Use WordPress for Your Online Store?
With all of these benefits, it may seem like WordPress is an obvious choice to create an online store. But why go with WordPress specifically? There are many platforms that you could use for your online store. Here are some of the reasons why WordPress is a great choice for online stores:
- Easy Installation: WordPress is a very easy-to-use platform that’s also scalable and flexible. You can quickly set it up on a self-hosted server, and it can be easily set up on a hosted server such as Wix, Weebly, Siteground, or Bluehost.
- Fully Customizable: WordPress is highly customizable, and you can change the design of your store very easily. It has hundreds of ready-made themes, and you can also set up your own custom design using the drag-and-drop WYSIWYG editor. You can also add external plugins to extend the functionality of your site or integrate other services, such as Google Analytics and email marketing services.
- Strong Security: Like many other platforms, WordPress offers basic security features, including two-factor authentication and an option to require that the login be entered on a non-static page. But to truly provide protection against online attacks, you’ll need to use a powerful WordPress security plugin.
Finding a WP Theme that Fits Your Brand
Once you’ve decided on WordPress as the platform for your e-commerce website, you’ll need to find a suitable WordPress theme. A theme is the visual representation of your site. It shows off the design, colours, and layout of your shop, and it’s what visitors see when they go to your website.
Many people choose to use WordPress themes, but there are also many premium WordPress custom design services. Choosing a theme is important because it sets the tone for the entire site. It determines the mood and style of your business, and it sets the tone for the rest of the website, including the products you sell, the content you publish, the language you use, and more.
Some of the most popular themes include Divi and Elementor.
These themes are among the most customizable, and they suit a wide range of brands and businesses. To help you find the best WordPress theme for your brand, you’ll also want to consider these factors:
- ✔️ - Your target audience: The most ideal WordPress theme for your website will be one that appeals to the demographic of your target audience. For example, if you sell women’s clothing, then you may want to choose a theme that features floral designs and soft colours.
- ✔️ - Your business goals: You’ll also want to think about your business goals when choosing a WordPress theme. Do you want your theme to focus on the aesthetics of your business or on functionality? Is it important for your theme to be easy-to-use and scalable?
- ✔️ - Your budget: The last thing you want to do is choose a WordPress theme that costs a lot of money. You can find plenty of WordPress themes that are available for free and can be easily modified and customized to suit your brand and business.
In order to truly stand out from your competitors, you’ll want to use a WordPress theme and styling plugin that’s designed to help your site stand out and drive more attention.
A WordPress theme is just the visual representation of your site, but a WordPress styling plugin is what differentiates one website from another. Creating a unique visual style for your business with a WordPress styling plugin can help you stand out from competitors.
If your wp site is feeling a little boring or dated, then it’s probably time for a styling update. You can find a wide range of plugins that can help you update your logo, colours, fonts, and more, so your website will always look fresh and new.
Securing Your Site: SSLs and Encryption
If you want to truly protect your online business, you’ll need to use an SSL (secure socket layer) certificate.
This protects the data being transferred between your site and the server and can prevent malicious hackers from accessing sensitive information, such as customers’ credit card numbers. Many hosting companies will provide you with an SSL certificate when you activate your WordPress account, so you don’t have to do anything else.
But if you want to set up a fully protected WordPress website, then you’ll need to take some additional steps. You’ll need to obtain an SSL certificate from a reliable certificate authority (CA), such as Comodo. You should also verify the domain and ensure that the IP address associated with the certificate is associated with your hosting account.
With the right strategy in place, WordPress can be a great platform for your online store. It offers a wide range of features, including a powerful editor and a large plugin library, and it’s easy to set up and use. Plus, it’s highly customizable and has strong security features. There are many great WordPress themes and plugins available, so it can be a challenge to figure out which ones work best for your business. To help you out, you’ll want to consider which factors are most important to you when choosing a WordPress theme, such as your target audience, your business goals, and your budget.
7. Squarespace – Powerful Drag-and-Drop eCom Web Design Platform
Do you have a passion for fashion? Do you want to build your e-commerce business?
If yes, then building an e-commerce website with Squarespace (review) is exactly what you need. It’s a perfect match for digital entrepreneurs who are looking to set up a shop that sells their favourite brands at wholesale prices.
The good news is that it’s easier than it seems. In fact, it’s one of the simplest e-commerce web design companies and platforms around.
What is Squarespace?
Squarespace is an online platform that enables entrepreneurs to build their own e-commerce websites. It’s a drag-and-drop website builder that makes it simple to create a professional-looking website. It also has a number of very useful features, including a mobile-friendly website, special commerce integrations, SEO and image optimizations, and a strong customer service team.
The website builder provides all the tools needed to create a fully-functional online store, including a sales page, product management tools, and automated email marketing tools. It also includes an e-commerce platform that enables you to sell your products across multiple e-commerce channels.
Overall, it’s an interesting choice, particularly for someone to start a business from scratch on a time and money budget. It’s reliable, easy to use, and affordable.
Setting Up an E-com Site with Squarespace
First, you’ll need to choose a template. There are countless Squarespace page templates to choose from, and it’s easy to find one that best suits your needs and business.
Once you’ve found a suitable template, you can start building your site. It’s quick and easy to create a beautiful store with Squarespace. You can create a one-page site, multi-page site, blog site, or portfolio site.
After your site is built, you can add products to your store. Before you can start selling products, you’ll need to set up an online shop. To start doing this, head over to your store and click “Shop” on the navigation menu. You’ll now be able to add products.
When you’re done, click “Save” to save your products. Next, you’ll need to create a shipping address for your customers. To do this, head over to “Settings” and click “Shopping Cart” on the navigation menu. Click “Add Address” to create a shipping address for your customers.
Three top main benefits of setting up your e-commerce website on Squarespace are:
- ✔️ - Ease of Use - Squarespace is simple to use and gets the job done quickly. All you need to do is drag-and-drop to create a site that looks professional.
- ✔️ - Speed - Setting up your website on Squarespace allows you to have a mobile-friendly site that loads quickly. This is important as it helps you convert more browsers into customers.
- ✔️ - Cost - Squarespace is affordable and easy to use. It’s also a reliable platform that doesn’t cost much money to get started on.
Before you begin using Squarespace, it’s recommended that you do a little research into the platform. You don’t want to set up a website that doesn’t work according to your objectives.
Top eCom Web Design Firms – Buying Guide 📖
We’ve written before about how to design a website from scratch, so this section will give a basic overview. There’s no way to “cheat the game,” so be clear about your level of proficiency and whether a drag-and-drop editor is suitable. If your business isn’t yet generating income, starting for free or very cheap may be the wisest first step.
Web Design Explained in a Nutshell 🥜
In simple terms, web design is the process of creating a visual representation of your website using various design elements. These elements include images, text, colours, typefaces and more to create an appealing and user-friendly layout.
Web design is the process of creating a visual representation of your website using various design elements. It includes the creation of text, images, colours, typefaces and more to create a layout that looks great on different devices.
This process includes many different elements, including images, colours, text, typefaces, and more. If you want to succeed in online marketing, you need to know how these work technically or intuitively.
How Web Design Works 📙
Web Design is all about making your site look amazing on any device that can display web content (desktop or mobile). It's also about making sure that your site looks great on any device that can display web content (desktop or mobile).
But if you want people to use your site on their desktop computer or laptop computer while sipping a Costa coffee, then you need to make sure that it looks great on multiple devices! The best way for this is by using responsive web design (RWD), which means that your site will look great no matter what device people are using.
With all of that in mind, a visual representation of your website is then created using various design elements, such as images, colours, text, typefaces, and more. These are combined to create a layout onscreen.
What about social proof?
The purpose of social proof is to show that other people have purchased your products or services. It can be an appealing sensation to be connected to a group of contented customers, and this may help prospective customers make their purchasing decisions as they move through the buyer's journey.
Because emotions drive our decision-making, they play a significant function in your marketing and sales efforts. Using social proof, you may show prospective visitors that you have already connected with and pleased other clients.
An individual's belief that a lot of other people have purchased the products or services you are offering is referred to as social proof. This sensation of connection with a group of satisfied customers can be appealing and can guide potential buyers through the decision-making stage of the buying journey to the 'Buy Now' button…
Next: A clear, mobile-responsive structure
- ☑️ Attractive, user-friendly design.
- ☑️ Testimonials (which can be through user-generated content like Instagram posts of users using your services or products.
- ☑️ Security.
- ☑️ Frequent ‘Contact Us’ touchpoints, with FAQs.
- ☑️ Related pages or items.
- ☑️ Special deals.
Mobile web design allows you to create layouts that look great on any screen size from small tablets to large-screen smartphones. It also allows you to create layouts that look great when viewed from different angles such as landscape or portrait views.
Clear content (both for your audience and Google SEO)
The most important design element is the content. The content is the information that your visitors will see on your website. Content can be text, images, videos, or other types of content. It’s what visitors will see on your website and it’s what they’ll remember.
Overall, while it is true that images can be used to convey information, they do not always have to be used in every single page of your website. Text and images are two of the most important design elements in websites because they communicate information and help users understand what you want them to know about you or your business.
Text is actually another important design element in a website layout because it communicates information about your business or product without having to use images or images alone. Text can be short sentences or paragraphs that tell an entire story about what you do and why people should care about it.
Impactful, solutions-focused writing also helps users remember what they read on your site so that they can return again and again for more information on topics you cover in detail in future pages of your website. Text also helps users understand how you interact with them through social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
It also helps users understand how you interact with them through email marketing campaigns such as newsletters and e-newsletters so that they know when you send out new information to them.
What is Copywriting?
Copywriting is the art of writing and speaking to people in a way that makes them understand what you want them to know about you or your business. Copywriting is not just about writing, it’s also about delivering information in a way that makes it easy for people to understand what you want them to know about you or your business.
The key components of copywriting are:
- ✔️ Writing – The most important component of copywriting is writing. It’s the art of conveying information in a way that makes it easy for people to understand what you want them to know about your business, products or services. It’s also the art of telling a story through words and phrases so that users can get an understanding of what they should do next and why they should buy from your company again in the future.
- ✔️ Delivery – The delivery component of copywriting is one where you use words and phrases so that users can easily understand what you want them to do next and why they should buy from your company again in the future. When users read your content, they should be able to understand exactly what you want them to do next because of how clearly written it is. You need to make sure that everything on your website is clear enough for users who are not experts in this field so that they can easily understand how everything works on your website. If something on your website doesn’t make sense, then users will have no idea what the next step is.
Images and videos are one of the most important design elements in a website layout because they help to convey information to a visitor in a denser and faster way. In some industries, like photography, it may be the centrepiece of your web design approach.
Media can be video, gifs, memes, emojis 👅, photos, logos, illustrations, and more. Images are used to create a visual representation of your site on different devices such as mobile web design. A good image helps to communicate the message you want to convey with your site’s layout and it also helps to attract visitors who want to learn more about you or your business.
Why Do You Need Web Design?
There are a number of benefits to having a professional website design company design your site:
- ✔️ Better Search Engine Optimization: SEO is the key to driving traffic to your website. Having a professional website design will help you improve traffic to your site by increasing the number of clicks.
- ✔️ Better Conversions: You can’t focus on your conversion rate if your site looks bad. A professional design will help you increase your conversion rate by providing your visitors with a memorable experience.
- ✔️ Improved Branding: Your company’s brand is built through the content on your site. A professional website design will help you build a more consistent and memorable brand image for your business.
- ✔️ More revenue: Web design will help you increase revenue by providing a memorable and consistent customer experience.
SEO in Web Design 📙
In this day and age, it’s almost impossible to grow a website without the help of search engine optimization. Google is constantly updating their algorithms to keep websites that are spamming and underperforming in comparison to others from being able to climb the ladder of search results.
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of optimizing a website to improve its rank in search results. A ranking in the top spots of Google and/or Bing is crucial for getting as many visitors as possible. It involves creating and formatting your content, making use of tags and keywords, and adding appropriate images and other media. If you want to succeed in online marketing, you need to focus on SEO.
Crucially, it’s the process of optimizing a website to improve its rank in search results. A ranking in the top spots of Google and/or Bing is crucial for getting as many visitors as possible. Keep in mind, SEO isn’t something you can just plug in and leave for a few weeks. You need to stay on top of it all the time if you want your site to be successful.
Why Does Having Good SEO Matter?
In web design, SEO is an important part of online marketing for a few very important reasons:
- ☀️ It helps people find your site - Building an audience for your business is the first step to growth. People need to be able to find your site in a search to get there and make a purchase.
- ☀️ It increases your revenue - According to a survey by Global Web Index, only 8% of consumers trust a website if it’s not in the top 3 spots in Google. This means that if you want your site to be seen by as many people as possible, you need to optimize it.
- 🌞 It makes your brand more trustworthy - When you have a high authority site, you can trust that it’s an authority site. This is especially important for e-commerce brands. Trust is one of the most important aspects of online marketing. If you want to make a sale, you need to make sure the potential customer trusts your brand.
There’s More Than One Way to Rank 🏝️
There’s no one right way to get to the top of Google. If you want to know what it takes to rank high, you have to know what it takes to rank low too. There are several ways to get to the top of Google and other search engines, and you’ll have to use them all if you want to rank high.
☑️ - Link building - One of the most powerful ways of ranking. This is the process of getting other websites to link to yours. The more links you have pointing to your site, the more likely it is to rank.
☑️ - Keyword Research - Keyword research is the foundation of your SEO strategy. Without a strategy based on relevant keywords, you have no chance of being found by potential customers. You should start your keyword research with a list of your competitors and their ranking in the SERPs. You can also do research around common questions people are asking your target audience.
☑️ - On and off-page content - This includes guest posts, video content, and other forms.
☑️ - Social media - This is one of the most important routes to ranking high. You need to get as many people to your site as possible by building your presence on social media.
Stay Flexible with Your Rankings Strategies
The best SEO strategy is the one that works for you. You don’t have to stick with your strategy for months at a time. Just because you’ve got your site ranked high for a keyword for a few weeks doesn’t mean it’s the best thing for your business.
You’re better off being flexible than rigid. You need to make an effort to include new keywords and try new strategies every now and then. This will help you stay on top of the ever-changing SEO game. SEO is a competitive field, so you have to be constantly trying new strategies to stay one step ahead of the competition.
Bottom line: There’s no doubt that SEO is important in the online world. However, it can seem like a very complicated and confusing field. Luckily, though, it doesn’t have to be. With the right information and a bit of hard work, you can easily make SEO work for you. With a bit of time and effort, you can boost your search engine rankings and see an increase in website traffic.
FAQs 📙 - Best eCommerce Web Design Companies
What is SEO And How Does it Relate to Web Design?
SEO stands for “Search Engine Optimization.” It’s the process of using a variety of digital marketing tools to increase traffic to your site. Search engine optimization is all about getting people to your site through various means, including:
- On-page content 📖 - This is the information on your site that’s relevant to what your visitors are searching for. It’s what helps you rank higher in search results.
- Off-page content 📖 - This is content that’s not on your site but that influences your rank. It can be links to your site, social media shares, and forum comments.
- Keyword research 📖 - Keyword research is critical in order to get as many visitors to your site as possible. It helps you determine what keywords to target with your content in order to rank for these.
What is the Most Successful eCommerce Site?
Amazon. It’s the most successful eCommerce site in history, but it didn't achieve success overnight. It was founded in 1994 – a time when most websites were simple, text-heavy affairs that would be completely out of fashion today.
In order to generate more sales, Amazon utilises data in dozens of product category recommendation widgets across the website. Amazon Prime Video, Amazon Photos, and Fresh are just a few of the firm's growing number of services.
There are dozens of product category recommendation widgets across the site that use data to entice casual visitors and increase the likelihood that they'll buy. Amazon Prime Video, Amazon Photos, and Fresh are all included in this category.
What is the Best E-Commerce Website Design Agency?
That’s a matter of perspective and context. We’ve selected Wix as the simplest, fastest, most cost-effective solution. But for bigger businesses really seeking to compete, you may want to hire a freelancer designer. For those who want to compete even harder, it may be wise to go for an agency; there are lots out there, so look around.
Top eCom Web Design Firms - Conclusion 🌞
The world has become an interconnected place, with people accessing information and services from multiple devices. No matter where they are in the world, they will always be able to visit your website to take advantage of your services and products.
However, only a small percentage of visitors will actually proceed to make a purchase. If you want to succeed in online marketing, you need to have a website that looks great and easily navigates.
With this in mind, you need to invest in professional, cutting-edge e-commerce web design companies or a platform. Now that you know what web design is and how it works, you can figure out if this is something you should be investing in and we’ve hopefully given you a sense of the best companies on the UK market.